What is a Composite Restoration?
Quite simply, a Composite Restoration is a white, or tooth-coloured filling, which can be used to restore a damaged tooth to its former glory.
Composite Restorations have many advantages:
- We can colour match them to your natural tooth colour so that they look natural – no one will even know you have had a filling
- The Composite material is strong and durable, with similar properties to the natural structure of the tooth
- They can be used to repair, or restore, a tooth with decay, damage or a small fracture
- They can be used to improve the look of a tooth which may have been chipped, or is stained
- They can be used to enhance the shape of teeth, either because they have become worn over time, or because you would like to improve on Mother Nature’s original design (see Cosmetic Bonding)
- They can be used to help reduce areas of tooth sensitivity
Whatever the reason for your Composite Restoration, we always aim to improve the appearance and function of your teeth with the least invasive solution available.